Gluten Free Buckeye Brownies Recipe
Being gluten free does not mean for a second that someone has to discount the idea of indulging their sweet tooth. There are in fact a wide variety of gluten free snacks and treats which can be prepared at home, that will make sure that someone has the option of diving into some sweet luxury regardless of their dietary requirements. Today we have one such snack to share with you and that is some delicious gluten free buckwheat brownies, decadent and delightful, and super easy to prepare.
This is a recipe which even the most amateur baker will find simple, and it features a handful of ingredients which are very easy to source. Without further ado then, let’s take a look at what ingredients are required and the directions for making these tempting buckwheat brownies.
Ingredients can be altered and changed but the basic recipe involves the following:
- Box of Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Silk soy milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Once all of the ingredients have been sourced, here is how to put it all together and whip up these dreamy chocolate brownies.
- First preheat the oven to 325 degrees and spray a small baking tray, around 8×8, with some nonstick cooking spray, alternatively line with baking paper and spray the paper too.
- Combine the brownies mix with vegetable oil, egg and water, mix slowly until it becomes moist. Avoid beating this mixture as we don’t want too much air in there. Once the mixture has been combined, pour this batter mix into the baking tray and once the oven reaches temperature, place the tray in the middle of the oven and cook for 47-51 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat the peanut butter, salt and the butter until it forms a smooth, creamy texture. Once this has been achieved, gradually add the powdered sugar and the milk, mixing as each goes in. Finally add the vanilla and beat the mixture until it is smooth and consistent.
- Once the brownie mixture is ready taking the tray out and transfer the mix to a wire rack and leave to cool. Once cooled, spread the peanut butter mixture onto the brownies, leaving around a third of the mixture to one side. Finally melt together the chocolate chips and the peanut butter mix in the microwave and pour over the top of the peanut butter on the brownie to form an additional chocolate layer.
Finally leave the brownies to cool in the refrigerator for around 30 minutes, make yourself a hot cup of coffee and indulge at the 30 minute mark, absolutely delicious. One tip here is to avoid cutting the brownie until it has been properly chilled in the fridge, cutting first can be tricky and leave a bit of a mess.