Disclosure: I received the following for feature. All opinions are my own.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Especially since the tree is up and present wrapping has begun. As I've strolled through the stores, I noticed miniature trees that were used as decor. I thought why not whip up a few of these for home for our craft this week. Burlap has been trending and Oriental Trading has some fun burlap ribbon that was easy to use.
- Burlap-Stitched Ribbon
- Styrofoam Cones in various sizes
- White Chevron Burlap (also available in Black)
- Crystal Floral Pins
- Metallic Trim
1. Start with one end of the burlap ribbon and pin to the base of the foam cone with a crystal floral pin. I love these pins because the crystal doesn't have to be cleverly hidden. It is pretty festive and looks cute.
2. Keep going round and round while pinning until you reach the top of the cone and trim off excess.
3. Select the metallic trim you want to use. I like pairing the gold with the ruffle burlap and the silver with the chevron. Your preference though. This trim is awesome because they are ready made to wrap around the cones with the center hole. Start at the bottom and carefully take out each pin and while wrapping the trim, re-pin into place.
4. Note: when reaching the top of the cone, make sure to angle the floral pin downwards rather than straight through to avoid it poking out at the other end.
5. Although you can keep adding small embellishments, I like the simplicity of stopping here. They are also great to give as gifts! The burlap ribbon will make for pretty rustic wrapping for your gifts as well.
Oriental Trading also offers ready to buy decor which is reasonably priced and oh so jolly. Make sure to check out their entire selection for your holiday needs!
What do you like to decorate your house with? It is simple or overboard?
Check out the Preschool Christmas Sensory Bin Using Rainbow Rice from MomSpotted this week!