So I've been on the Young Living Essential Oil train for almost 2 months and am loving it. I use my diffuser every night and the kids can't get enough. Just this past month, I ordered some of the new Kids' Oils too! However, when I go to work or we go out during the weekends, I have no way of taking my oils with me so I thought why not make a diffuser necklace? I've seen so many different variations but went with the on trend tassels!
- Scraps of Leather
- Cutting Mat
- Rotary Cutter
- 12 or 20 gauge craft wire
- 24 inch rolo chain necklace
- Multi-purpose tool
- Favorite Young Living Essential Oils
- Fishing wire/crimp beads, jump rings
1. Cut a piece of leather to approximately 3" x 7" with the rotary cutter on the cutting mat. I love this self-healing cutting mat so much!
2. Take a piece of washi tape and place across the length of the leather piece about 1/2 inch from the top. Make vertical cuts from the washi tape down to create tassels.
3. Cut a piece of 20 gauge wire about 5 inches in length and using the multi-purpose tool, make a loop on one end and then fun swiggle loop (or whatever else you like) on the other. I used the 12 gauge wire for Kenzie's necklace.
4. Roll the leather around the wire piece completely. Take the end of a new piece of wire and start wrapping from the top cut of the tassel to the top. Make sure to tuck ends of wire so it's safe.
5. Pick a stone or jewels that you like and thread through fishing line or wire and use crimp breads and jump rings on either side to secure.
6. Open a jump ring and connect the tassel to the chain necklace. Do the same with the bead/stone.
7. Grab your favorite essential oil and place a few drops onto the underside of the tassels.
8. Wear and enjoy! These are awesome and when the scent goes away, just add a few drops of another oil you are feeling ;) P.S. They make great teacher gifts as well!
Contact me if you are interested in Young Living Essential Oils. Whether you decide to buy a Premium Starter Kit or just make an order, I'll send you your own Tassel Essential Oil Diffuser Necklace + some other goodies!
Check out the Rainy Day Umbrella Preschool Craft from MomSpotted this week. I hope you enjoy and link up your craft!