I've been drinking quite a bit of soda and lemonade out of glass bottles recently. Although I've thought about saving the bottles in the past for a potential craft, I ended up tossing the bottles after they've been sitting around for a week or so. But this time, since Kenzie and Mason have both been bringing home flowers from grandma's house on the daily, I thought it was high time to make use of these soda bottles.
1. Drink all the delicious soda and clean out the bottles. The labels is easily taken off with soapy hot water and bit of scraping. Dry completely.
2. Tape off the potion you want to paint. You can change it up depending on the surface you want for the chalkboard. Add some paint to the foam brush and start coating away. 2-3 coats will be sufficient. Allow to dry and then cure for ~22 days.
3. Snip off a long piece of twine and wrap around the neck of the soda bottle and knot or tie in place.
4. Add some water to your "bud vase" and place flower inside.
5. Grab some chalk and let the artist in you get creative. You can draw, write, or even just leave plain.
6. Gift or display in your home!
Check out the Easy Three Minute Wreath from MomSpotted this week. I hope you enjoy and link up your craft!