Disclosure: This is a partnered post with Oriental Trading. All opinions are my own.
I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter weekend! The next celebration coming up is Mother's Day so I wanted to do a craft with Kenzie that would get her creative juices flowing as well as make a functional gift for mothers, teachers and more. Most people I know love their coffee :: at home, at the office and on-the-go. So a DIY personalized travel mug was our mission this week.
As always, Oriental Trading had just the materials we needed for this craft. Their selection of Mother's Day Kids Craft is amazing and your child will have a blast making something special for the mothers in their lives.
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Pearl & Metallic Acrylic Paint Set
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Glitter Paint Set
- Travel Mugs
- Water cup
- Construction paper (or other thick paper)
- Glitter Tulle
- Glitter Ribbon
1. Lay out construction paper on work surface to protect it. Fill up water cup so you can clean brushes in between paint colors.
2. Open the travel mug and take out blank sheet of paper. We received the 6 pack but you it is also available in a 24 pack for a DIY party craft station or even generous gifting purposes. Squirt different colors of paint onto a paper plate and allow your child to go wild on the paper. I love these Martha Stewart paint sets. Since we've only used children's paints thus far which are not as rich and gorgeous in color, Kenzie is hooked. The shimmer in the Pearl & Metallic colors are beautiful and the glitter paint is so much fun. These are non-toxic and safe for kids to use.
3. Allow the paint to dry overnight. Gently put the paper back into the mug and place insert in.
4. Wrap with glitter tulle and tie ribbon around to gift.
Kenzie has a bunch of people on her list that she wants to make travel mugs for. It's a fun and easy craft that can be personalized in endless ways.
Who do you think would love a personalized travel mug for Mother's Day?
Check out the Pirate Party Photo Booth Props from MomSpotted this week. I hope you enjoy and link up your craft!