We are going to have a fun Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast movie viewing party this weekend so I thought it would be fun to do a craft that can also double as decor for the table. Kenzie loves Disney Fairies and the movies she has watched thus far so it will be more exciting to have a cute party with her friends.
One of the crafts that Kenzie really enjoys and requests during the holidays at the mall (at insane prices!) is painting wooden objects, especially the birdhouse. I thought why not make a fairy house that would be fun for Kenzie yet budget friendly so they can even be used as DIY favors.
- Small unfinished wooded birdhouses
- Krylon 4-Ounce Glitter Aerosol Spray, Glistening Gold
- Crayola Washable Paint
- paint brushes
- Hot glue gun
- Faux flowers
1. Lay out paper on the table and set up paints. Let your child paint the birdhouse however they like. I was lazy and just sprayed mine with glitter spray paint in gold. Let the house dry completely overnight.
2. Pick out the flowers and/or accents that you want to decorate your house with.
3. Use the hot glue gun to attach the flowers, leaves, jewels and once done with your creation, hang or hide in the garden for the fairies to play! I like the look of clustered flowers and leaves while Kenzie preferred simple.
Check out the Homemade St. Patrick's Day Leprechaun Gold Play Dough from MomSpotted this week. I hope you enjoy and link up your craft!