I love hanging wreaths on the front door. My mother-in-law has also given us several holiday themed wreaths that I hang accordingly. It's mainly for the kids to enjoy as they can spot our house. Since it's still technically Winter season even though temps still reach the 80s, I wanted to make use of the pine cones we had. This is not a traditional "wreath" but does look pretty hanging on the front door don't you think?
- Pine cones of various sizes
- Silver Satin ribbon
- Hot Glue Gun
1. Sort out your pine cones and select the ones you want to use.
2. Cut a piece of ribbon and hot glue one end to the top of the pine cone.
3. Repeat until you've got ribbon on all your pine cones. *I like to stagger the lengths so when it's hung, it'll look full.
4. Gather the tops of all the ribbons and tie together into a knot. Take another piece of ribbon and tie a bow. You can even just tie into a knot if you prefer that look.
5. Hang on your front door for those in-between seasons. You can even vary up the ribbon color for different months i.e. Green for March, Pink for April, etc.
Check out the Make Your Own Gold Treasure Pirate Playdough from MomSpotted this week.
I hope you enjoy and link up your craft!