Kenzie has been asking for accessories for her American Girl Fancy Pomeranian Pet for several months now. Her new pet came with a book which had instructions so I finally decided to tackle her demands and started with the tutu. It's a very simple technique that can even be re-sized to create a matching tutu for your little girl!
1. Cut the pink tulle to double the length you want the finished tutu to be. Our pieces were about 5.5 inches long.
2. Fold the tulle in half to create a loop on one end.
3. Place over the ponytail band and pull the ends of the tulle through the loop and pull to tighten.
4. Repeat step 3 until you are about 3/4 of the way around the band. Note that you can complete to create a full circle however since you can't see underneath the pet dog, I thought it would look nicer without a full circle.
5. Select a few of the gemstone embellishments for your tutu and stick to your heart's desire!
6. Slip onto your American Girl Pet Dog and voila - she's a princess in the making.
Check out the DIY Rainbow Cloud Wall Flag from MomSpotted this week. I hope you enjoy and link up your craft!