The kids had silly putty in their stockings this year and let me tell you that stuff was a hit! However, it was very messy and got stuck in hair and furniture and proved to be more of a hassle. I thought it would be fun to make some homemade putty aka slime like I did when I was younger with a Frozen twist for Kenzie. It's a load of fun with minimal mess, which I am a huge fan of.
- 1 bottle clear school glue (147 ml)
- same amount of water (147 ml)
- 1/2 tsp Borax
- 1/2 cup hot water
- silver & blue glitter
- blue gel food color
1. Pour glue into a bowl.
2. Fill up the glue bottle with water and pour into bowl. Stir until combined.
3. Add a few drops of the blue gel food color into the bowl and stir.
4. Add few sprinkles of glitter and stir.
5. In a separate cup, add 1/2 cup of hot water and mix in 1/2 tsp of Borax and stir until dissolved.
6. Pour this into the bowl with glue and water.
7. Stir until combined fully and enjoy!
This literally took minutes and Kenzie (and Mason) were both ecstatic to let it stretch from their fingers. When it drops to the ground, just pick up and mash together. The silly putty forms to whatever shape you want and you can easily store inside a plastic food container for future fun. Wouldn't it be great to put some into small mason jars for a Frozen birthday party favor?
Check out the Snowy Sparkle Glitter Slime from MomSpotted this week. I hope you enjoy and link up your craft!