This post is part of the Krusteaz Gluten-Free Blogger Bake Off, I received complimentary products for this post, however all opinions as usual are my own.
I have a major sweet tooth and I love baking. However, due to being busy with work and the children, I like shortcuts wherever possible. The Krusteaz brand has been a favorite for pancakes in the morning and I was excited to see their new Gluten Free line because so many people I know (and work with) are on a gluten free diet. I wanted to whip up something mouth-watering to share during the holiday season.
Approximately 16 servings.
- Box of Krusteaz Gluten Free Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Silk soy milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray 8x8" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray (I use PAM).
2. Combine brownie mix, water, vegetable oil and egg and mix until moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 325 degrees for 48-52 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and cool 1 hour.
3. Beat together 3/4 cup peanut butter, butter and salt until smooth and creamy.
5. Add the vanilla extract and beat until completely smooth and creamy.
6. Spread the peanut butter mixture in an even layer over the top of the brownies.
7. Melt together the chocolate chips and 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until completely smooth and melted. Pour mixture over the peanut butter layer and spread into an even layer. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until set.
8. Pull brownies out, cut and serve!
These are beyond delicious and decadent. It's hard to just eat one and I did cut generous size squares! They are an awesome holiday dessert that can be enjoyed by all.
Krusteaz's line of gluten free mixes also includes: buttermilk pancake, blueberry muffin (with real can of blueberries), cornbread and muffin. The approximate retail price is $4.49 and they are available nationally at most major grocery chains in the baking and pancake mix aisle!
One winner will Receive a Krusteaz Gluten Free Prize Pack*!
(Open to US)
*Krusteaz tote, two packages each of the gluten free mixes, Krusteaz spatula