Oh yeah it's another "Frozen" craft this week! Kids just love to play with dough - of any kind. Since we had had a lack of dough in the house because whenever I find bits of dried pieces around the house, it gets tossed. I thought it would be fun for Kenzie to make her own in her favorite Frozen color!
- 2 Cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 2 tablespoons of cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons of oil (any kind will do)
- 1.5 cups of boiling water
- Blue and/or silver glitter
- Blue Gel Food Color
- Mix flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Boil water and add blue gel food color. Use as much to get to desired color. I used about 1/2 a tsp. to achieve the light blue color.
- Add boiling water and mix well. Parents should help young kids at first because of the heat but after several minutes, the dough is cool enough for kids to mix.
- Add glitter! Kenzie loves sparkles so we used a ton.
- Knead well until completely combined.
- Roll out and/or ball up and have fun with the Frozen play dough!
This is so easy to make and kids can literally make any color they desire. Kenzie already has a list of colors she wants to make next. Just store in a sealed container and it can last for a very long time!
Check out the craft from MomSpotted this week. I hope you enjoy and link up if you have a fabulous craft you want to share!