Disclosure: I received the Advent Calendar from Silhouette for review. All opinions are my own.
Since Kenzie's birthday is actually Christmas morning and she has been asking me when her birthday is since the beginning of the year, I wanted to create something for her to count down the days until the special day. Silhouette makes it easy with their limited edition Advent calendar. You can truly customize the calendar to your liking with various shapes and colors however I decided to surprise Kenzie with a "Frozen" Advent calendar.
- Silhouette Advent Calendar Kit
- Light blue and white cardstock
- Printable Foil Silver
- Select the shapes that you want to use from those included in the kit (or download from the Silhouette Online store). I decided on mixing it up with pocket shape, Snowflakes, 3d scallop box and ornament.
- Alternate using the light blue and white cardstock when cutting the shapes. I had to resize the shapes to get them to a small enough size to fit the calendar.
- Add a pretty snowflake to each box and pocket with glue.
- Find a font that you like for numbers and cut 1-25 on the printable foil.
- Arrange the shapes on the ground in rows of 5 to finalize layout.
- When you are happy with the look, add the foil numbers in sequence onto each shape.
- Insert a small treat into the boxes. The mini size chocolates fit perfectly as well as 2 Starbursts for each box.
- Use the included clips and hang shapes.
- Voila - ready for December! *I may end up adding some silver glitter to the ornaments if I find some extra time in my hectic schedule.
I think it turned out rad and professional! I didn't realize how easy it was to create 3d shapes with the Silhouette. I'm definitely a fan. Are you planning on making an Advent Calendar this year? Do you have a theme in mind?
One winner will Receive a Silhouette Portrait!
(Open to US and Canada*)
*Winner cannot have won another Silhouette America giveaway in the past 90 days.