This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SkinnyGirlSnacks #CollectiveBias
Popcorn is the ultimate snack. It's easy to grab by the handful and nosh on without realizing you've finished the entire bucket! So I was excited to Skinnygirl is now offering a low calorie popcorn that is perfect for snacking on without feeling guilty after polishing up to the last kernel. The mini bag size is awesome with only 25 calories per cup popped. I like that my kids can also enjoy Skinnygirl popcorn because there are no artificial flavors, no artificial colors, no artificial sweeteners and no high fructose syrup. Are you seeing a pattern?
One of my favorite drinks is a mojito (original + flavored) so I thought it would be delightful to pair the flavors of a traditional mojito with the Skinnygirl Lime & Salt popcorn from Walmart to create a fresh new flavor with a kick.
- 4 bags of Skinnygirl Lime & Salt popcorn
- Zest of 8 limes (more of less depending on your preference). I love a strong lime flavor so I use the zest of 2 limes per bag of popcorn
- Himalayan pink salt
- Zest the limes and set aside in a bowl.
- Place bags of Skinnygirl popcorn into the microwave and pop away. Make sure to not over pop (check the wattage of your microwave) because you don't want to end up with burnt popcorn.
- Open and inhale the delicious smell of the hint of lime flavor. This popcorn is delicious on its own but I wanted to take it to the next level. Pour the popcorn into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the lime zest onto the popcorn and mix.
- Grind Himalayan pink salt over the bowl to your taste. I discovered this amazing salt when in Maui and use it every chance I get.
The perfect mojito flavor married into a delectable popcorn snack. The ultimate Skinnygirl treat that anyone can enjoy! My kids eat this up by huge handfuls and leave not a zest of lime in the bowl. Do you enjoy popcorn? Have you tried Skinnygirl popcorn?