Kenzie loves art and crafts. She is always bringing home fun projects that she did at school and wants to continue the fun at home. Since I have limited time after work and with our hectic weekends, I enjoy sitting down and taking a moment to craft with Kenzie to her heart's desire.
Since she loves My Little Pony (in addition to Frozen and Barbies), we had a blast making these simple yet delightful paper lanterns!
- Fold a sheet of red construction paper in half - vertically.
- Make cuts about 1 inch wide and 3/4 of the length of paper.
- Use glue to secure the ends to create a lantern shape.
- Cut a strip of construction paper to create the handle.
- Use a coordinating color of washi tape to wrap around the top and base of the lantern.
- Repeat for each color of the rainbow.
These are fun to make and play with stand alone or you can even use them as party decor - imagine a colorful My Little Pony Party! For nighttime fun, you can add a tea light underneath each lantern for cool effects.
I have teamed up with Jennifer from MomSpotted to bring you great, weekly crafts in a series called "Fun Crafts with Mom". I hope you enjoy and link up if you have a fabulous craft you want to share!