This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. ##CollectiveBias
Who doesn't love a good superhero? Although I didn't read the many comic books when I was younger as my Hubs did, he has schooled me on most of the characters and we have watched the movies as they have been released. We used to go to the movies at least twice a week before the kiddos arrived. Nowadays we usually wait for the DVD release and one that I am stoked about is Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier which released on September 9th!
In celebration of the release, I decided to whip up some Chocolate Captain America Shield Treats using a favorite of mine : M&M's that I picked up from Walmart.
- 1 package M&M'S Minis Milk Chocolate Chocolate Candies, 12 oz
- 1 package M&M'S Dark Chocolate Chocolate Candies, 19.2 oz
- Wilton Decorating Icing White
- 1-2 cans vanilla frosting
- Chewy White Candy - I like Hi-Chews
- 6 Tbsp Organic Unsalted Butter
- 8 cups miniature marshmallows
- 12 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add rice krispies and stir.
- Put mixture onto a PAM sprayed 12x17 baking sheet. Add parchment paper on top and place another baking sheet on top. Allow to cool.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out round treats. I used the flip side of biscuit cutters because I couldn't find a round cookie cutter on short notice.
- Using a flat spatula, spread the frosting or icing onto the top of the rice krispy treat.
- Using a small knife, cut out a star shape from the flattened chewy white candy. I tried shaping a star with just the outline of M&Ms but it wasn't distinct so I snagged some of Kenzie's white candy to make the star. You can also use fondant which will probably have a fantastic effect.
- Place the start in the center of the treat and then use the blue mini M&Ms to surround the star.
- Place red mini M&M's in a circle around the blue M&Ms.
- Place red large M&M's on the border of the round treat.
- Push a popsicle stick through the bottom of the treat and voila - ready to enjoy! You don't have to use popsicle sticks if you don't want but my kids love anything on a stick so.....
Enter to win 1 of 10 $100 Walmart Gift Cards!