Shrimp is one of the easiest items to cook, because all you have to do is marinate and grill for a couple minutes. It makes it very easy to come up with new creations and tastes with the same food. My husband and I love the vegetable fried rice from Trader Joe’s, but are always looking for the perfect accompaniment. I found a recipe for spicy shrimp that seemed pretty good. However, my husband doesn't take heat very well so with a few changes this recipe was perfect for us.
• 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
• 1/6 cup olive oil
• 1/8 cup sesame oil
• 1 tbsp. of chopped fresh parsley
• 1 ½ tbsp. of minced garlic
• 1 tbsp. Siracha sauce (add more if you can tolerate it)
• 1 ½ tbsp. lemon juice
• ½ tsp. salt
• ½ tsp. black pepper
- Mix together olive oil, sesame oil, parsley, siracha, garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Set aside some of the mixture to use as marinade while grilling.
- Place the shrimp in a large plastic bag along with the remaining marinade and mix the shrimp. Refrigerate for a couple hours.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers and grill.
- Serve with rice or your preferred side dish and enjoy.