This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Chocolate4TheWin #CollectiveBias
I grew up in Florida so it's inevitable that I love football. It's just so exciting to watch and is one of my favorite all-time sports. I also love SNICKERS® candy bars because they are the ultimate, satisfying bit of sweet and savory packed into a delicious bite. Since football season is ahead and Hubs and I now enjoy watching games with our kids and friends, I wanted to create a twist on a favorite snack for all to munch on while rooting on our favorite teams.
Popcorn is a staple snack during game time and everything is better on a stick according to my kids, it was time to grab some candy bars from Sam's Club and get sticky.
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 bag of miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped standard size SNICKERS® candy bars or your favorite variety from the Mars Chocolate Variety Mix (105 count)
- White Icing (I like the Wilton's Icing Pouch for the ease)
- Paper Straws
- Place the mini marshmallows and butter in a large saucepan. Heat over low/medium heat until melted and creamy.
- Pour over the popcorn and chopped SNICKERS® candy bars that are in a bowl. Stir to cover all the pieces.
- Place the popcorn mixture into a PAM sprayed pan. Spread it out gently, but do not press it down.
- Cut the mixture into even squares. Form each square into a football by hand, but do not press it together too firmly. Press a straw down into the center of each one. Let set until completely cool.
- Use the icing to create the laces on top of each ball.
*You can even make large ones about the size of your hand to use as centerpieces if you are having a party!
These are a hit while watching football. They would also be fun to take along to a tailgating party. Are you ready for football season? What sort of treats would you make with SNICKERS® candy bars?