I never knew how tasty brussel sprouts could be until I went to a restaurant and tried some roasted. Since then, my husband and I both love making our own version at home. It has proven to be a great a side dish to almost any meal from chicken to fish or even pasta. Its quick, simple, tasty and healthy; what more could we ask for!
• 20 brussel sprouts
• 2 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 tsp red chili flakes
• 2 tsp minced garlic
• Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Wash and cut off the bottom stem portion of the sprouts.
- Slice the sprouts in half and remove one outer leaf layer of sprouts.
- Place on baking sheet, sliced half up.
- In a bowl mix oil, chili flakes and garlic together
- Brush oil mixture on top of each sprout.
- Sprinkle desired amount of sea salt over the sprouts
- Place in oven on middle rack for about 15 minutes
- Move to top rack and bake for another 5 minutes to give the sprouts a nice brown crispiness
- Remove from heat and serve.
Do you enjoy brussel sprouts? What's your favorite way to eat them?