Life isn't always easy and on a busy day, it's really easy for us to order takeout. However, whenever my husband and I order takeout we always have a ton of rice left over. Rather than toss it, I like to fry it the next day to make a new lunch dish for me. It's a simple and tasty way to not waste so much food.
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup diced white onion
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- optional chilies of your choice
- Heat oil over medium heat
- Add in mustard seeds
- When seeds begin to crackle add in onions and garlic and sauté for a minute
- Add in corn and sauté for another 2-3 minutes then add in rice
- Mix in turmeric, salt and chilies (optional) at this time.
- Stir to give an even coating of the turmeric so all the rice is a nice yellow color and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.