Disclosure: This is a partnered post with Whole Foods. All opinions are my own.
I love cherries. They are like fresh, juicy sweets that make my mouth smile. I also love banana bread so why not combine the best of both worlds with a sprinkling of chocolate as a bonus?
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter softened
- 1/4 cup Black Cherry Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3/4 dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Peel and mash bananas
- Stir in egg, butter, yogurt, sugar and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Combine 1 cup flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients and stir until combined. Do not overmix.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Toss cherries with 2 tablespoons of flour and fold into batter.
- Spray PAM into a loaf pan and then pour the batter in.
- Bake for 65 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean).
- Cool and then enjoy!
Look at all those juicy cherries in the banana bread? This is really moist and chock full of flavor. Hubs and the children enjoyed this treat and it didn't even last the day! I'll have to pick up more cherries at Whole Foods and make this again soon.
For one day only (July 11, 2014), Whole Foods is having a sale on their plump cherries!
It's only $1.99 a pound. That is a steal!
Do you like cherries? What are some of your favorite recipes?
One winner will Receive a $50 Gift Certificate to Whole Foods!