With the summer season we buy an assortment of fruits to enjoy. One of my favorites is mango. I love making drinks, sides and main courses using it. Recently, I used it as part of a dish of seasoned grilled fish. Mango gives the perfect contrast to spices that the fish is seasoned with, giving it a fresh, crisp, sweet and tangy taste.
• 1 filet Wild Alaskan Sock-eye salmon
• Chef Paul Prudhomme's Magic Seasoning Blends: Blackened Redfish Magic
• 1 mango peeled and diced
• Olive oil
- Rub olive oil on the top of the fish
- Cover fish with blackened seasoning mix (a little heavier covering on the thicker portions of the fish)
- Put some vegetable oil on the grill prior to placing the fish on to prevent sticking
- Place the fish on the grill with the skin side up first and leave for about 3 to 4 minutes
- Flip the fish so that the skin side is on the grill now and leave for another 7 to 8 minutes
- Remove from heat and top with the diced mango.
Do you grill fish? What are some of your favorite recipes?