A coworker of mine got married this week but since I had to attend Kenzie's preschool graduation, I couldn't attend. It's the second time around so it was going to be a small affair but I still wanted to gift something small and fun.
I'm dorky in that I love personalized everything and have even convinced Hubs to wear matching clothes, jewelry, etc. when we were dating. Since the happy couple will be going to Hawaii for their honeymoon, I thought of an inexpensive and quick gift that can be whipped up in minutes.
- Plastic Flip Flops. I got some at Old Navy which are a great deal. They have all sorts of colors and patterns so you can choose the ones that best fit the bride and groom.
- Cutting Machine
- Cutting Machine
- Super Glue
1. Using your cutting machine (I like the Silhouette Portrait because it's compact and super easy to use), cut out the text that you want on the footbed of your flip flops. I like the simplicity of Mr. and Mrs. with the last name.
2. Carefully place onto the flip flops and cut out a fun shape to cover up the brand as well (if it's on the flip flop).
3. Use super glue to add some rhinestones to the strap of the flip flop. I used two on each side to represent the union. I tried hot glue at first, but the rhinestones didn't stay on. After applying the super glue, I used small clamps to hold in place overnight.
4. Tie with twine or place in a gift bag before gifting!
You can definitely personalize flip flops for any occasion as they are quick and simple to make with minimal cost. These would also be fun as part of bridesmaid gifts! I'm thinking of making these for the entire fam bam for our trip to Maui.
What do you think? What are some of your go to gifts that are inexpensive and quick to make?