By now you probably realize that my family loves to grill. It’s a simple way for an easy meal…at least once all the prep work is done. One of my favorites to cook up when having guests or just dinner with hubby is grilled chicken kabobs. You can skewer them with the veggies, but I find that I prefer grilling the veggies separately in a basket and making kabobs of just the chicken.
- 2 chicken breasts cut into pieces for skewering
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup of nonfat plain yogurt
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 tsp of garlic
- 2 tsps of tomato paste
- 1 tsps of salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- Mix lemon juice, oil, yogurt, garlic, tomato paste, salt, oregano, pepper, cinnamon and cardamom in a large bowl.
- Add in the chicken and coat.
- Place chicken in refrigerator and let marinate for at least 5 hours tossing occasionally to ensure even coating to all pieces (I generally make this in the morning and grill in the evening)
- Remove chicken from refrigerator an hour before you are ready to grill.
- Skewer 30 minutes prior to grilling
- Use extra sauce to coat skewers prior to grilling
- Grill until chicken is cooked through, mix in with grilled veggies and serve.