Our weekdays consist of pretty hectic mornings trying to get our kiddos ready and getting ourselves out the door for work so on weekends I try to make a diligent effort to make a hearty breakfast rather than the standard bagel and cream cheese to go. One thing I enjoy on leisurely mornings is an egg omelette. Below is the way I enjoy thin crispy egg omelets filled with my favorite veggies, but all the vegetables are interchangeable with your favorites.
- 4 eggs
- ¼ bell pepper diced
- ¼ roma tomato diced
- 1 mushroom diced
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion sliced
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl. Stir in bell pepper, tomatoes, mushroom and mix.
- Heat frying pan on medium heat and spread very little oil.
- Pour a thin layer of the egg mixture on the pan.
- After a few minutes when it seems sturdy enough, flip the omelet onto the other side in order to cook both sides.
- Spread cheddar cheese on one half of the omelet and fold the other half over it
- After it reaches your desired level of cooked/crispy remove onto plate
- Garnish with green onions and enjoy
Do you whip up anything special for breakfast/brunch on the weekends?