Disclosure: The information and samples have been provided by General Mills through Platefull Co-Op.
Did you know that for 1 in 6 Americans, hunger is a reality? Right now, nearly 13 million families in America are struggling with hunger. These are often hardworking families who simply cannot make ends meet and are forced to go without food for several meals, or even several days.
General Mills is teaming up with Feeding America and Big Machine Label Group to Outnumber Hunger. General Mills has supported Feeding America for more than three decades to help nourish hungry children and families. Last year, General Mills donated more than $46 million in food to help feed the hungry all around the world.
Feeding America is the nation's largest domestic hunger-relief charity. Its network of food banks helps provide millions of low-income individuals and families with the fuel they need to survive and even thrive.
How can you help?
- When you donate directly to Feeding America, your gift makes a big impact—every dollar you donate helps secure 9 meals for people struggling with hunger. This means that a $10 donation can help Feeding America secure 90 meals!
- Ending hunger in America requires millions of people to donate their time to help feed hungry families. Learn about volunteer opportunities at your local food bank to find out how you can help Outnumber Hunger. To get involved, please contact your local food bank.
- In addition to purchasing participating General Mills products, follow Outnumber Hunger on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to be the first to learn of other special ways to help Feeding America secure meals for local food banks.
- Big Machine Label Group artists-like Florida-Georgia Line, Rascal Flatts, The Band Perry and more are helping Outnumber Hunger. Follow them on Facebook to see the latest they're doing to Outnumber Hunger!
When you buy 5 select Outnumber Hunger items in one visit at participating Target Stores, you can take home an EXCLUSIVE Outnumber Hunger Now CD complimentary ($4.99 retail value).
- Florida Georgia Line: “Cruise”
- Rascal Flatts: “Changed”
- The Band Perry: “DONE.”
- Cassadee Pope: “Wasting All These Tears”
- Thomas Rhett: “It Goes Like This"
How are you going to help outnumber hunger?