Disclosure: I received the Flutes & Pearls heart dish for review from Wilton. All opinions are my own.
I love baking and one thing I've always wanted to try making is Molten Chocolate Lava Cake. Something about the beautiful dessert screams Mother's Day so I decided to tackle it using my new Flutes & Pearls heart dish ($39.99) from Wilton Armetale. This is a commemorative (and functional) item celebrating Wilton Armetale's 50th anniversary. What's neat about the Wilton Armetale collection is that not only are they beautiful, since they retain temperature, you can take the food from the oven or grill straight to your table. It is made of an aluminum-based allow and safe for the oven, stove, grill and freezer. Note that you do need to hand wash this.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Confectioner's Sugar for Sprinkling on Top
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and 2 tablespoons of the cocoa into a medium sized bowl.
- Add the milk, melted butter and vanilla and mix until just combined. The batter will be very thick, but don't worry, this is how is should be! Spread the batter evenly in the bottom of the Flutes & Pearls heart dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and remaining 4 tablespoons of cocoa. Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture evenly over the batter in the baking dish.
- Then pour the boiling water over the top of the contents of the dish. Do not mix.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Sprinkle confectioner's sugar on top. Serve warm!
Enter to win this amazing prize package from Wilton Armetale!
(Open to US)