The weather has been unbearably hot in the high 90's this week so what better way to get into the summer spirit by cooking up some delicious ribs. I. LOVE. RIBS. Douse them in BBQ sauce and I am a happy gal. Usually Hubs is the one cooking them up on the grill but since I am a huge fan of the crock pot, I decided to make them myself.
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder, onion powder (1/2 tsp each)
- 2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place ribs in baking dish and season with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then turn over and bake for 15 more minutes.
- In a small bowl combine BBQ sauce, ketchup and brown sugar.
- Place ribs in a large Crock Pot (or slow cooker). You can also use a liner if you want like I did for less mess. You can either cut or curl the ribs.
- Pour the sauce on top and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- If you want to caramelize the sauce, put the ribs back into the oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
Do you use the Crock Pot to cook? What are some of your favorite recipes?