I enjoy food with a good kick, but my love for spice doesn't end with food. I love drinks that pack a little heat also. During my pregnancy I couldn't drink some of my favorite cocktails so everywhere I went I would look at the mocktail menu and ask the bartenders to add a little bit of my own preferences of flavor such as mint, but especially a few chilies so that I could enjoy these mocktails without feeling deprived.
In fact, many of my friends who weren't pregnant also enjoyed these flavors. I enjoyed them so much that I began experimenting at home. One of my favorites that can easily be converted into a true cocktail also is my version of a strawberry lemonade with, of course, that kick! I’ve made an entire pitcher for our friends who came over for a barbeque and they loved it. The recipe below gives you the option to pack the right amount of heat for yourself as well as how to make it into a cocktail with a little addition of vodka. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 1 can of Pelligrino Lemonade Flavor
- 4 strawberries sliced
- 1 ½ cocktail cucumbers cut into ½ and sliced into vertical slivers
- 1 serano chili sliced
- 2 mint leaves
- Optional ounce of vodka
- Muddle the strawberries, cucumbers, chili (2-3 slices or more if you choose depending on the level of heat you want) and mint leaves in a mixing glass or any tall glass.
- Add in Pelligrino and your vodka if you so desire and muddle a little more.
- Poor drink with muddled ingredients into a glass over ice and serve.