Wow I can't believe Mason is a full blown toddler at 14.5 months. He is running around and wreaking havoc wherever he goes. Well, that is, about 90% of the time. The other 10% he is my precious meaty. He loves to eat and while I am not fond of messes, it was time to let him enjoy self-feeding with the Nuby products that arrived for review.
The iMonster items are so colorful and fun for kids. Mine were immediately drawn to them and Kenzie kept on asking why there was only one eyeball on the bowl while the others had 3. She knows the concept of monsters in that she growls and puts up her claws when mimicking a monster however I don't think she knows that there are different types of monsters. Let's just say there was a mini lesson involved.
The iMonster Toddler plate ($6.49) and bowl are microwave safe and can be used for both hot and cold foods which is ideal for youngsters. The iMonster fork and spoon are small and easily held by Mason.
He has the motions down to using but keeping the food on the utensil takes a bit more work and he sometimes ends up using his other hand to place the food onto the utensil before putting it towards his mouth. I'm sure he will master this coordination soon! I need to get Kenzie her own set because she gets jealous.
The iMonster Snack Keeper ($4.99) is my favorite because the soft silicone flaps do not scrape little hands and allow for easy reaching in to grab the snack. The monster's arms move and cause Kenzie to giggle when she and Mason are eating snacks. It's easy to open and clean yet doesn't break open when tossed and thrown by the kids. This is a must have and we need to pick up a few more.
The Wacky Ware is fantastic because it's microwavable! It has a lid where you can store the food when traveling and then you can pop it into the microwave to reheat before feeding.
Thank goodness Mason likes to hold his own cups now and his current favorite is the Nuby Flip-It Easy Grip ($6.99 for 2 pack). I like the design because the straw is at an angle and not straight up. Mason loves that there is a handle to tote the cup around with him. It's just the cutest thing! The liquid comes out easily when he drinks and there was a wee bit of spillage when he chucked the cup to the ground but overall, he loves it so it's a winner.
The 4-in-1 Convert-a-Cup ($6.99) is great for transitioning into a big kid drinker. Mason sucks hard so the spout pushes in a bit but otherwise, I love the design of this cup. It's easy to clean and the handle openings are wide, allowing little hands to grip it with ease. When Mason is a wee bit older, I will take off the spout and he can use the cup with the handles. When his hands are ready to grip the cup itself, I will take off the handles.
Nuby products are available for purchase at the following:
Meijer,, ,bedbathandbeyond.com, Bealls, Kmart, www.cookieskids.com, , , diapers.com, Tuesday Morning and Amazon.
One winner will Receive
Choice of 3 Nuby Feeding Products from my Review!
(Open to US)
Being MVP received one or more of the products mentioned above for free for evaluation purposes. Regardless, all opinions expressed are still 100% my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials In Advertising. Being MVP Disclosure.