Ah nighttime diaper woes of a parent with an extremely thirsty tot. Mason is a late night drinker. He tosses his head back and gulps away like no other. I put him in a size larger diaper during the night and have relied upon Pampers Baby Dry diapers for both my tots. They are super thin yet ultra absorbent. This is necessary for the upcoming days because over half of moms (52%) feel that their baby's sleep patterns are thrown off when the clocks "fall back" and Daylight Savings Time ends on Sunday, November 3rd at 2:00 a.m.
I admit that I have night owls. They love to play around when it's time for bed. When they finally fall asleep late at night, they are only that much crankier in the morning. I need to start forcing them to go to sleep earlier to get their bodies adjusted to the time change. It's a wee bit difficult when we get home late from work and eat dinner around 7-8 pm but this is a necessary change that we need to instill.
- Make a point to slowly adjust your child’s bedtime and naptimes an hour earlier, just 15-30 minutes a day for a few days before daylight savings ends.
- Make sure that your children are well-napped during the day so that when the time change takes effect having a later-feeling bedtime isn’t as much of an issue.
- To help your baby sleep more soundly, consider installing blackout curtains and using a sound machine.
- While preparing for the time change (and after), use dramatic wake up to help your children adjust to the change.
- Make sure that you watch your baby for sleepy cues carefully. Make sure that you’re changing your baby’s diaper right before your child goes into the crib for naps or bedtime.
- Get outside.
- Stick to your flexible schedule.
- The end of daylight savings is a good time to make sure that your child’s bedtime is age-appropriate.
- To ensure that your children know when it’s time to sleep, rely on your established soothing bedtime routine.
- If you do have a child who is getting up before 6:00 a.m., make sure that you respond to early risings quickly and consistently.
The Twitter Party will take place on November 7th at . Chat about how the end of Daylight Savings Time can affect sleep patterns & get tips on easing the transition from The Sleep Lady, Kim West.
Please share this link and encourage your readers to join us and RSVP: http://twtvite.com/
$50 AMEX Gift Card, $25 Children’s Place Gift Card, Pampers product and book by Kim West.
$100 AMEX Gift Card, Pampers Product, series of books by Kim West
Grand Prize: $500 AMEX Card to purchase sleep items such as a new crib, video monitor, etc.
To participate, follow your hosts @DoubleDutyDivas, @BridgetteLA, @CeceliaMecca @AngieKcom @WhatMommiesNeed @RamblingChick, sleep expert @TheSleepLady and our sponsor @Pampers.
One Winner will Receive a Pack of Pampers Baby Dry Diapers and a pair of Children's Place PJ's!
(Open to US)