One of the big debates when a child turns one is whether to forward face. I pondered over this as Kenzie was immediately turned to forward facing at one because I couldn't stand her constant crying and my frustration of getting her to sit rear facing (she had the stiffen the body into a board so mama can't buckle down pat). Britax helped me in making my decision for Mason with the car seat I received for review.
The Britax Marathon 70-G3 car seat was pretty much ready to install out of the box. I reclined it to the furthest it could go so that Mason could be comfortable in his ride (and I wanted to prevent the floppy head when napping). Just a quick pull of the lever and tilt back.
I don't usually install the car seats in our family but rather delegate to Hubs. However, whenever he has to take out/put in the seats, he grudgingly states that it takes a fair amount of time. I decided to take the installation of the Marathon myself when he was out of town for work to see how much work was really involved.
- Base with SafeCell Technology features SafeCells designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat which normally propels the child toward the front seat
- Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
- Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether features a staged-release tether webbing to slow the forward movement, reducing the crash forces reaching the child, and a two-point attachment to minimize forward rotation while anchoring the top of the child seat
- Side Impact Protection comprised of deep side walls lined with energy-absorbing EPP foam distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion, and contains the head, neck and body
- Tangle-Free, Five-Point Harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
- HUGS (Harness Ultra Guard System) Chest Pads provide resistance to forward movement in the event of a crash
- 70-pound Weight Capacity for safety and comfort as your child grows
- Rear and Forward Facing Recline for child comfort and positioning
- High Density Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to gently cushion your child
- Plush, Easy-Remove Cover with matching comfort pads and infant body pillow to provide extra comfort and easy cleaning without disassembling or uninstalling the child seat
- Two Buckle Positions offer a snug and secure fit for your growing child
- Infant Positioning Insert may be necessary for small infants to achieve a snug fit of the harness around your child (sold separately)
- Quick-Adjust, No-Rethread Harness repositions the harness shoulder height without disassembling the harness straps
- Premium Lower LATCH Connectors for a quick and simple installation featuring a push button for easy release
- Built-in Lock-Offs ensure a snug lap and shoulder belt installation with minimal effort
- Anti-Slip, Contoured Base grips and protects the vehicle seat while offering optimum vehicle fit
- Harness Holders keep harness straps pulled to the sides when placing your child in the car seat
- Certified for Aircraft Travel
- Made in the USA with global components
You just pull the LATCH connectors out from the storage slot by pressing the red button. Then locate the LATCH anchors in your vehicle and just click the connectors in place. Easy peasy and done in a few minutes. Make sure to tighten the belt. *Note that you can easily use the LATCH connectors when forward facing.
I then proceeded to locate a tether anchor point on the floor of my vehicle and connected the Rear-Facing Tether Connector Strap. This took about 5 minutes as I created the anchor point by making a loop, connected the tether and then tigthened the strap. The seat was now secure and budge free!
This car seat was ready for Mason to get his ride on. The plush seat is enhanced with an infant body pillow (that just comes right off for easy washing) as well as comfort pads. This Britax car seat features the new EZ-Buckle System which retains the harness buckle in a forward position and prevents the child from sitting on the buckle when boarding. I love this feature as I can't tell you the countless amount of times I had to dig under Kenzie to pull the straps out. When you are dealing with a cranky child, the last thing you want to worry about is delay in putting the straps on. The HUGS (Harness Ultra Guard System) Chest Pads take a bit of getting used to (especially for Hubs) but since they provide resistance to forward movement in the event of a crash, I take it as a fantastic safety feature to commend.
I love that the five-point harness is tangle free and the quick-adjust, no-rethread harness may be at the top of my favorite features list. Just a quick pull up or down of the harness height adjuster located at the top of the seat and in a matter of seconds, the seat is perfect for your tot.
Mason is enjoying his new ride and I am not planning on turning him around until he's 2 years old. He is safe and happy and can use this Britax Marathon 70-G3 car seat comfortably until he is 70 lbs!
Buy It: You can purchase the Britax Marathon 70-G3 car seat for $206.30.
Make sure to connect with Britax on Facebook and Twitter!
One Winner will Receive a
(Open to US)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Being MVP received one or more of the products mentioned above for free for evaluation purposes. Regardless, all opinions expressed are still 100% my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials In Advertising. Being MVP Disclosure.