When I went back to work after having Kenzie, I pumped (in the supply closet). All the storage bags were carefully transported home and frozen. We used the hot water method to thaw the bags and pour into bottles but for some reason, or our impatience, the milk wouldn't get warm. Perhaps that's why Kenzie wouldn't drink out of a bottle? Fast forward 2.5 years and I am excited to try the Kiinde Kozii for Mason.
First of all, this bottle warmer is pretty. It doesn't stick out like a sore thumb on the kitchen counter. It's compact and looks clean. Just place on a flat surface, plug it into an outlet, fill with approximately 14 oz of water and it is ready to use.
Since I discovered a small lump under my armpit the other day, the nurse told me to pump to try to unplug the duct (if that doesn't work I'll be going to see the doctor). Also, since Mason is tongue-tied (we are waiting on insurance approval to get it clipped) he has a difficult time latching on and draining the milk. I decided to pump and test out the warmer.
After you add the water, it drains down into the reservoir. The Kozii is full when the word "FULL" is covered with water. Just make sure to keep the water level above the word "EMPTY" and you are ok. You can then insert a bottle, storage bag or food jar into the Kozii. You then heat up according to the timing schedule included in the instructions. For a storage bag of 2 oz milk, it states to turn to 3 minutes.
The water rises during the warming process then drops back down when it's done. The milk storage bag came out warm and at a safe temperature for Mason to consume right after I poured it into a bottle. I used it two more times that evening and it came out perfect each time! He gulped it down. Quick and easy to use = happy baby.
Check out these awesome features:
- LONG LASTING RESERVOIR - kozii does not require that you measure or add water with each use.
- EASY TO USE TIMER - Simple, intuitive interface lets you know how much time is left before the meal is ready.
- AUTO SHUTOFF - When the time is up, the warmer shuts off and completely removes the heat source from the bottle. This means no overheated bottles because your busy schedule prevented you from taking the bottle out on time!
- UNIVERSAL WARMING CHAMBER - kozii can safely accommodate breastmilk, formula, storage bags (frozen or thawed), liner bottles, plastic, glass, food jars, you name it!
- HIGH POWER HEATER- kozii's high power heater means less time is wasted warming up the water bath, and more time is devoted to warming your baby's meal at a safe, low temperature.
It is recommended to clean the Kozii every 2-3 days by just pouring 1 cup of milk soap and water into the warmer and letting it drain and rinsing until clear. Allow it to air dry and you are ready to go again. Every 2 months: it is very important to de-scale the Kozii by mixing 1/2 cup white vinegar with 1 cup cold water and letting it stand in the unit for 10-20 minutes. Pour it out and rinse with fresh water 3 times. I haven't gotton to this point yet but it seems simple enough for the fantastic warming results. I think I'll be pumping more (at least until his tongue-tie gets resolved) because it seems Mason gets to fill his belly with warm, nutritious breastmilk.
Kiinde also offers the keeper which is a breastmilk holder & organizer for the freezer. I need this!
Make sure to connect with Kiinde on Facebook!
One Winner will Receive the Kiinde Kozii!
(Open to US)
The product(s) in this review was provided to me free of cost for the purpose of conducting this review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and are not influenced by monetary compensation.